Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dreaded Group Projects

Okay, so I'll admit it, when I first looked at our syllabus for this class and saw that a group project was a large part of this class I contemplated switching classes. THAT is how much a hate group projects.  Obviously I have had some prior negative experiences with the group projects that I've had to do in school.

However, I am actually optimistic about this group project.  I think that the fact that we are addressing common problems with group work/group dynamics from the beginning is going to be very beneficial.  This puts us all on the same page going into the project.

That being said, my team, Razzle Dazzle, is basically a group of all "Controllers".  So I think that this could get interesting. But at least we aren't all "Gratuitous Slackers", right?  We WILL accomplish something.  Hopefully we don't kill each other in the process...

4 comments:

  1. Sure we're all controllers, but that's a pessimistic way to call us motivated.

    I think our biggest drawback (thankfully it's easily fixed) is going to be staying focused when we work together.

    Also, I heard rumors going around that group work in the work force is much better than in school. Believe it or not, it's rather hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you guys the other day(sitting in front of me) and I will agree that you are all controllers. While this could be a potential problem, it seemed like you had some really good brainstorming going on and got along with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My group is in a similar situation in that we are all controllers. That being said, we are all also very busy so coordinating meeting times was our primary source of discussion last week.

    Mr Brown, i have heard similar rumors and i hold a similarly optimistic view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you may think you are all leaders now but i will be curious to see how that attitude changes once the project starts... who knows maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong but I've been in a few groups that seem great at first but there is ALWAYS, it seems at least, someone that fails

    ReplyDelete